While your windows make sure your home has light and scenery to enjoy, they’re not without their flaws. Windows can also be one of the main sources of heating and cooling loss, but that doesn’t mean you’re stuck with big energy bills. Lots of window treatments are developed with energy efficiency in mind. In fact, you have your choice when it comes to styles, colors and other specifics.
In particular, shades and shutters will help create an insulating barrier between your home and the temperatures outdoors. While some treatments could work better than others, energy efficiency isn’t the only consideration to make. Fortunately, you have help choosing which treatments to go with. A free virtual or in-home consultation can set you up you with a design expert prepared to turn your ideas into reality.
Insulate Your Home with Honeycomb Shades
Who said saving energy meant you had to give up style? Honeycomb shades, also called cellular shades, provide practical benefits like light control and energy efficiency. They use pockets of air encased between single, double or triple-cell shades to block out light, heat and even sound. You can even add a motorized control system for maximum convenience.
1. Applause® Honeycomb Shades are a fan favorite because homeowners love the triple-cell construction. You can pick between vertical or horizonal orientation as well as the color and fabric type.
2. Duette® Honeycomb Shades are the most energy-efficient honeycomb shades around. Compare the four pleat sizes until you find the one you like and consider enhancing these shades with LightLock™ or Duolite® systems. They can offer outstanding blackout and light-diffusion benefits.
Roman Shades Offer Clean, Simple Energy Efficiency
Roman shades are another great option for creating a layer of protection between you and the outdoors. These shades are minimalist enough to not draw unwanted attention while presenting enough detail and texture to look great anyway. Roman shades are available in a number of fabrics and colors, and you can even personalize the opacity, such as with Vignette Roman Shades. If you’d like to strike a balance between energy efficiency and scenery, a new set of Roman shades may be the way to go.
3. Provenance® Woven Wood Shades are perfect for someone who appreciates nature without all the dirt and animals that comes with it. These attractive bamboo shades can be fitted with light-filtering liners for more control over light and privacy.
4. Solera® Soft Shades might be your favored pick if you need the look of a Roman shade and the energy efficiency of honeycomb shades. The insulating pockets can even help reduce noise from outside.
Enhance Your Energy Efficiency with Plantation Shutters
For even higher energy efficiency, a new set of custom shutters gets the job done better than other window treatments. Shutters present a sense of grandeur and elegance, calling to mind upscale country manors. You can fine-tune your shutters by color, louver size and even architectural details for window treatments that complement the space perfectly.
5. Traditional Wood Shutters are worthwhile if you want true authenticity. These interior shutters are manufactured with durable, furniture-grade basswood and feature historically accurate 1¼” miniature louvers.
6. Classic Plantation Shutters merge the beauty of a wood shutter with the energy efficiency of polymer. These shutters are built with superior materials and can be customized.
7. LouverWood® Plantation Shutters are the ultimate solution for the energy-minded homeowner. These beautiful plantation shutters offer three times the insulation versus wood shutters. For those who want the most stylish energy-efficient shutters around, LouverWood is the way to go.
Maximize Your Energy Savings with Custom Louver Shop of Charlotte Window Treatments
Energy efficiency is more important than ever, and your window treatments can be a big part of your plan to improve those monthly savings. Whether you prefer the softness of shades or the sturdiness of shutters, Louver Shop of Charlotte offers some of the best of the best. Don’t forget to schedule a free consultation if you’d like help from a design expert. They have the knowledge and experience to identify your favorite styles and match you with the right window treatments. You can schedule your consultation by giving us a call at 888-428-1415.
Compare Shutter Styles with Our Visualizer Tool
If you can’t decide between various interior shutters, our Visualizer Tool can help. You can upload a photo of your home or choose from our sample rooms and compare colors, louver sizes and other details. Feel free to keep going until you’ve found your dream shutters.