Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are used for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some styles are built for extra energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for current homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and available in a variety of colors. Louver Shop of Charlotte exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that bring a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters crafted with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times more efficiently than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive build only available from Louver Shop of Charlotte.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and smaller louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more cozy and fashionable with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Charlotte. As rugged as they are good-looking, there’s a window blind for every room. A strong option to filter light and enhance privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment built in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that look like wood.
- Parkland®: Classic horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually made from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the look of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with modern style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can filter sunlight, impact heat transfer and block damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Offers excellent energy efficiency. Many air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade made.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that nests into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, cost-effective shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models feature increased insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade with more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades combining UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Offers both light and privacy. Features vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Cost-effective sheers that bring together drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with excellent light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with exceptional light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the style of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas offers a variety of motorized and manual operating systems for your blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand hold at a consistent length when raising or lowering shades.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your hand, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and room darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Provides 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or somewhere in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Choose from manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades convenient.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window coverings.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop works on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that offers the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to reduce the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for simple operation and streamlined appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Offers single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Swaps looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Provides smooth operation and exceptional light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We often refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium choice for specific Hunter Douglas products. Features exceptional energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that make up a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option that improves the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for blinds that hides cord holes and diminishes light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop feature on hurricane shutters that takes away the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing component for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for select horizontal blinds that approximately doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also called faux or fake wood. A strong choice for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Charlotte offers a current operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from being seen. This offers smooth operation and increased view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that make up a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for vertical blinds ensuring smooth, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that increases energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.